To find the pad settings:
- Press the Kit button until NUM appears in the display.
- Use the < and > buttons to select your desired kit. Once you've selected your kit, you can edit its settings.
To adjust the pad settings:
- Hit the pad whose settings you want to adjust, or press its corresponding Pad Select button.
- Press Voice, then press Page/Select until the desired setting appears in the display:
- NUM / H-C**: Pad voice (drum sound)
- VOL: Pad volume
- PAN: Pad panning
- PIT: Pad pitch
- REV: Pad reverb
- MID: MIDI note. See the Appendix for a list of the default MIDI note numbers for each pad.
- P-S: Pad song switch (selects whether or not a song will play when that pad is struck)
- P-N***: Pad song number (selects which song will play when that pad is struck, if PS is set to ON)
- Use the < and > buttons to adjust the value.
** If the selected pad is the Hi-Hat, you can choose one of the combinations of open and closed hi-hat
sounds (H-C, 001-007).
*** Songs 61-80 are pitched, non-drum samples (e.g., bass, piano, vibraphone, etc.) rather than actual songs,
so they're ideal for assigning to a pad when selecting the "pad song number." They will change pitch with
each hit. Songs 1-60 are complete songs.
To save your settings:
- Press Save.
- Use the < and > buttons to select the User Kit slot you want to save it to (25-40).
- Press Save again to save the changes to the selected user kit preset slot.