The Command Mesh Kit features all mesh-head pads that deliver an authentic drumming experience. The included Command Advanced Drum Module features play-along tracks and a built-in performance recorder, you'll have an endless source of fun and creativity. All of this amounts to a premium 4-post chrome rack with non-slip clamps, providing a durable foundation that is easy to set up and move. This article answers some of the frequently asked questions about the Alesis Command Mesh Kit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What comes with the Command Mesh Kit?
- How many kits are available in the module?
- Are there any play-along tracks in the module?
- Can I connect this to a computer?
- Can I add my own sounds to the module?
- Can I add more pads to the Command Mesh Kit?
- Does this support multi-zoned cymbal pads?
- How can I listen to what I am playing?
- Can I connect up an Audio device and play along?
- Can I record on the Command Mesh Kit?
What comes with the Command Mesh Kit?
- 10" dual-zone mesh snare pad
- (3) 8" dual-zone mesh tom pads
- 8" mesh kick pad w/ stand
- Kick drum pedal
- 10" ride cymbal w/choke
- 10" crash cymbal w/choke
- 10" hi-hat cymbal
- Hi-hat pedal
- Premium 4-post chrome rack w/ non-slip clamps
- Command Advanced Drum Module
- Drum Module cable snake
- Power supply
- Cable wraps
- Drum key
- Command Advanced Drum Module User Guide
- Command Mesh Kit Assembly Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
How many kits are available in the module?
The Alesis Command Mesh Kit features 74 total kits. There are 54 preset kits and 20 user kits available.
Are there any play-along tracks in the module?
Yes! there are 120 preset songs that you can play along to. Each song has a drum part and accompaniment. You can adjust the volume of each so you can listen to the drum part, and then lower its volume and play along using your electronic drum kit.
Can I connect this to a computer?
There is a USB/MIDI connection for use with virtual instruments and recording software. It is class-compliant which means that it will work with any modern Mac or PC without the need to download any software or drivers. Also, it features MIDI In and Out ports for connecting directly to standalone MIDI gear. Both connections allow for the passing of MIDI information only.
Can I add my own sounds to the module?
Yes! the Command Drum Module also features a USB memory stick input. You can use this input to load your own.WAV samples for the ultimate flexibility. Once the WAV samples are loaded, you can easily assign these to any zone of any pad on the Command Kit. The sonic possibilities are endless! You can also load in.WAV files of play-along tracks using this input.
Can I add more pads to the Command Mesh Kit?
Yes! The Command Mesh module has two unused ports on that back that can be used to connect an additional tom or crash pad (not included). These ports will support dual-zone pads when connected with TRS cables.
Does this support multi-zoned cymbal pads?
The Alesis Command Mesh kit includes a Crash w/choke and a Ride w/Choke. There is also an additional single-zone port on the module which will allow you to add an extra single-zone cymbal pad. This extra port will support a Cymbal w/ choke, as long as it is plugged into the module using a 1/4" TRS cable.
How can I listen to what I am playing?
On the Command Mesh Kit, there is a headphone port for when you want to practice or just private listening. On the rear panel of the module, there are 1/4" outputs to go out to a speaker or amplifier system.
Can I connect up an Audio device and play along?
Yes! You can connect an MP3 player, phone, or Tablet to the Aux input on the module and be able to play along with your favorite tunes.
Can I record on the Command Mesh Kit?
You can record your performances and save them to the drum module’s built-in memory or you can record your performances and save them to the drum module’s built-in memory or to a connected USB flash drive.
- When using the module’s internal memory, you can record up to 5 user songs as MIDI files.
- When using a USB flash drive, you can record up to 99 user songs as MP3 audio files.
To record your performance:
- To record a song with accompaniment, press Song to enter the Song Selection page. To record a song with your drum performance only (no accompaniment), press Kit to enter the Kit Selection page.
- Press Record to record-arm the drum module. The button will flash, and Record to Usersong___? will appear in the display.
- Use the dial or Left and Right buttons to select an available user song.
- To start recording, hit a pad or press Start/Stop. A pre-count will appear in the display. When Recording… appears in the display, the song is recording (if you are recording a song with accompaniment, it will begin playing). The length of the recording will be shown at the top of the display. To cancel recording instead, press Record.
- When you are done recording, press Start/Stop. Saving… will appear in the display. The previous page will return when saving is completed.